Today it snowed and those of you not familiar with Seattle might not think that blog worthy but it is here. Last winter it snowed repeatedly in January and that was VERY unusual. So to have it snow big fluffy flakes for hours on end and have it stick on December 1st is amazing. It happened while we were out Christmas shopping and on our way home it was so fun to see kids making snowmen (yes it snowed enough to make a snowman!). We kept Riley up without a nap after shopping to attend a Christmas Choir concert and we were a little worried about how she'd behave, but Santa was part of the show and Riley behaved angelically. The closer and closer Christmas gets the more Riley gets excited and the more we tell her about it. Lately we've been singing Christmas songs and I realized that this is a pretty parent-friendly holiday by encouraging kids to be good for presents--this is great. "You' better watch out, you better not cry, you'd better not pout..." There's nothing like employing scare tactics while singing a jolly tune to get everyone into the holiday spirit. I love Christmas songs. I love Christmas!!

Sorry, no pictures of snow but I couldn't post without a picture so this is one of our family surrounded by the cool Christmas decor at my mom's store,
NestFeathers.
No comments:
Post a Comment