Thursday, December 20, 2007

Firsts

So it has been time for a few firsts for Riley and Emma. This is the first year they've met Santa . I can't believe Riley had never met or had pictures with Santa before! She wasn't too scared. She smiled some, but wouldn't talk to Santa at all. I'm so glad Santa visited our church x-mas party (saved us $20-30 to get pictures with Santa at the mall).
Riley had her first dental experience and she did great! We were home for the holidays and it worked out for me to clean her teeth at grandpa's dental office. She was scared to lay back in the chair alone, but once she sat on daddy's lap, she was perfect!
I think watching the Rudolph movie a lot lately helped because she really likes the elf that wants to be a dentist and really excited that grandpa is a dentist and that daddy will be one someday. She let me polish and floss, let grandpa count her teeth and then we even painted on a fluoride varnish. (don't worry, I normally wear a lab coat but I didn't want to get one dirty just with my own family's germs.)
These have been wonderful firsts and we are thrilled for Emma's first Christmas! We can't wait! She's started laughing lately--it's so cute!

No comments: