Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

We decorated the tree last Monday--and by we I mean mostly Michael assisted by Riley. I was busy feeding Emma and my adorable husband just kept going. I just expected him to get out the tree and boxes of decorations and leave the rest for me. So when he finished putting on the lights, I thanked him"...especially because I know you don't like doing it." And he responded that he didn't mind doing it, just that I never gave him a chance before. Apparently I get so excited about decorating the tree I get carried away and hardly let anyone help. Well, this year I only hung about 3 ornaments and the tree looks as good as ever!



















Riley loves Christmas! Can you tell from the huge smiles?!? This year she seems to totally understand presents, Santa Claus, Christmas shopping, etc. It is so much fun!




So the girls have Christmas pj's. The tree is decorated. Most of the Christmas shopping is completed and the presents are wrapped. I'm started to make some of the seasonal goodies we enjoy. My mother-in-law reports it's snowing in Tri-Cities. Michael is almost done with finals, so it feels like Christmas break is around the corner! I'm so excited for Emma's first Christmas and so glad Riley is getting old enough to really get into the holiday beyond opening presents. We were shopping today and she totally wanted to choose a gift to give Emma. It was darling! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!

3 comments:

Julia said...

Okay, you're putting me to shame. You already have a tree decorated AND presents wrapped underneath it? Can I hire you as a consultant?

Meg said...

Hey Jessica!
I was "blog hopping" around our old ward and found yours which is great! Our blog is natemeg@blogspot.com-we just started doing it about a month ago and I'm hooked. Its such a great way to keep tabs on everyone! Have a great weekend!!!
Megan

Jamie said...

What cute girls. I love all of the pictures. And I am so impressed at great everything looks-you are so on top of it!