Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Crafts & cookies... what can't she do?


I have been feeling like Riley isn't very crafty and doesn't have interest in that kind of thing, or didn't want to hold still long enough to make/cook things, make a craft, etc. Well I think I just didn't give her enough opportunities. Last week we went to playgroups on Tuesday & Wednesday and for the first time at these playgroups she did the craft projects--2 days in row--with toys everywhere and kids running around, she held still long enough to stick feathers, shapes, glitter, stickers onto her project. I just realized I didn't take a picture and since then she's picked it apart all over again and I don't even know where it is. So the next day it was pouring rain and we were stuck inside and Riley was going stir crazy--wanting to watch movies all day long and constantly asking for cookies. I decided to divert her by having her help me make cookies and she loved it. We put on aprons and made a delicious mess and had a great time doing it. Once we got going she wanted to do it all, but to get her to let me do some or for us to do it together we had to sing a song from her favorite show: Wonderpets. "what's gonna work? teamwork" It did the trick and we did it together and she kept singing that phrase over and over again! That girl never stops singing. Check out the huge smile! She even did a good job frosting the cookies--not easy! Emma was kind enough to nap the whole time so Riley could have mommy all to herself.



3 comments:

Karen said...

What a smile on that beautiful girl!!
You are a terrific mom--undertaking cookie baking with a two and a half year old--way to go!

Counting the hours until you bring those two cuties to our house--
travel safe--
love you all-
~grandma maxfield

whitney said...

you are training a little ms. betty crocker! what a fun rainy day activity. emma is so adorable. i hope you guys have a great thanksgiving!
ps. thanks for the leg-shaving comment! i love to know people's little habits. :)

Erka said...

Those cookies were yummy! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Riley is such a good helper!