Sunday, October 5, 2008

is it October already?

Am I the only one wondering where summer (or even September) went? Now Fall is most definitely here and it is time to embrace it. As the previous post detailed we're preparing for Halloween by early and regular costume wearing. But this weekend we did something very Fall-ish.

We had the whole family together and we attended the Salmon Days Festival. In the rain and wind no less. We felt very brave, but I say "welcome to ___________" (sorry to be vague, but if you actually know me, you know where I live, but if you are a crazy stranger than you'll have to guess).
Here is the only picture of the actual salmon (thanks Erica!) but we watched them jump and swim up the fish ladder. They get really big and can jump 4-5 feet (or at least try until they hit the lids above the tanks).
Riley loves her rain gear and the rain and the puddles.
Emma was darling in her outfit, even though it was not waterproof, she was still happy and fairly dry.
We are glad we braved the rain and enjoyed yummy BBQ salmon and the Fall air.

Does anyone else get torn between blogging about today while it's fresh and catching up on the last month? as if people just DYING to know what I have to say about every moment, but maybe a few for pictures of the girls.
I digress.
If it's October already, I need to hurry and catch up on September.

We went to the fair, twice.
Riley rode on a few rides all by herself!
I got to see my first rodeo.
First animal petting experience
Emma was very patient
We went to a football game and it was good game. Emma did fine and Riley only covered her ears because of the noise until we ate at halftime.
We went boating and I actually skied and it felt great!
Riley had her first pony ride at the Fall Fiesta.
We visited the Temple Grounds for family night. Michael & I didn't feel very photogenic and Emma was sleepy so we had Riley pose with the statue family instead.So Emma started walking Sept 1st, and she is doing great!
she had her first corn on the cob
here she is in action:

Riley started preschool and is doing wonderfully. She also started a darling dance class and loves that too.
This is my only shot because they don't let parents stay and distract their kids during class, until the last day (stay tuned for future posts after that performance) Riley is standing up with her back towards us in pink leotard, 2 messy buns and cropped white leggings. Isn't she cute?!

So that was the short version of September, its been fun and busy with lots of fabulous firsts and photos too cute to skip.

3 comments:

skiscott said...

We sure had a great time with you. The kids were wonderful and you and Michael worked hard to keep us fed and happy. Can't wait until next time. See you next week.

Gretch said...

Next time warn me if you put fish pictures at the top of your post!! Eeeekkk! Glad to see you all look happy :) And, make sure those girls of your stay true to the Blue!

Karen said...

great photos--great memories!!
Can't wait to see you all--