Wednesday, August 20, 2008

kids a work (and play)

We recently discovered what fun the Children's museum can be. Why it took us 2 years of living here to figure it out, I'll never know, but we are beginning to make up for it by going 2 times in 2 weeks. We went with our good friends Bri, Violet & Ginny (thanks for cooperating and smiling/looking straight at the camera).
Ginny, Riley and Emma going down the Glacial slide. So cute!When we went with Aunt Monica we did a lot of building and had a blast. Sweet hard hats just like Bob the Builder (who Riley didn't know even existing until 2 days previous to this).
Emma liked to play too, but mostly just by eating the bolts..uh-oh.Even a sweet tool belt too! This is the final product.
She got to concentrating really hard and started to do cute things with her tongues. So silly!
Here is her tongue in action: ( you might have to wait for it)

This was a really fun part of the museum and some of the parents (read: Dads) got really into and took over the play from their kids and made fancy buildings and towns and who knows what while their kid got bored and went off to play with another family. I over heard a wife come in ask her husband how long they would be in this area. His response: 2 hours.
I am proud of Monica and myself for letting Riley creatively play (I can be a little perfectionist sometimes so it was nice to not be for once and have fun!) and I think her final structure turned out somewhat artistic, although abstract. Way to work Riley! So much fun to watch you play.

5 comments:

NaDell said...

Those kinds of places are so fun to visit. Even better if there's someone for you to visit with and trade off holding the baby. Plus, then kids can run and play as much as they want. Ours has a stage and dress up with knights and little horse sticks to ride. Elizabeth likes to dress up in the dragon outfit. She's kinda silly.

Erka said...

Good job Riley! Her construction thing was really impressive!
You could tell she was very focused in it to!
We hope we can go with you guys sometime too!

Karen said...

I love watching her work at something new--she catches on so fast--and she concentrates so well!! The tongue movement proves it!!
I cut and pasted your blog and sent it to Great Grandpa Bob so that he could see her being "Bob the Builder"!

skiscott said...

I like to think I have an idea where Riley gets all that mechanical ability. Obviously, though it's tempered and enhanced by all the creative genes she has.
Love it!

Bri said...

Cute pictures of the girls! We had fun. Lets do it again!