Friday, August 22, 2008

and we're off

to Hawaii!
We leave tomorrow morning and I'm almost too excited to sleep. We've been going with Mike's family every year for a while now and this might be the last trip for a while (we are so spoiled, I know I cannot complain).

Here are some photos of trips in years past.
2005
Riley was just 2 months and got to experience the OCEAN for the very first time, but she mostly just chilled in the shade on the beach, snuggling and sleeping.

2006
Lots of good food and great restaurants!
Riley discovered how fun it could be to play in the sand.

2007
we added a few new things this year and 2.5 new people to the family.
We journeyed on the Road to Hana and discovered sunken pools and more.
Enjoyed the ocean with swimming and snokerling
and goofing around a bit on the beach
check out the gorgeous sunset!

(2003-2004 were pre-digital camera years)

Everyone says to have to have fun and I know that won't be a problem. I have no doubt we will have a fabulous time (even if I might not have internet access).
This will be Emma's first trip to the islands and I'm super excited to see her discover everything (sand!) but I am a little worried about how Emma will do on the flight but at least I have new in-flight amusement to peruse. Hawaii 2008, here we come!

4 comments:

skiscott said...

aaalooooohhhhaaaaa! hope you have a great time.

Becca said...

I am so jealous!! I could really use a trip to Hawaii right about now!

Erka said...

We hope you guys are having a lot of fun out there! We had rain here today! :(

erita said...

hey babe! we'll miss having girls' night this week. hope you're getting TONS of sun--it's been POURING rain here in seattle. can't wait to see pictures.