Sunday, August 31, 2008

home safe

So here's a brief post on coming home from Hawaii. It's always sad to say goodbye and end a vacation especially know you'll be stuck in a plane all day. But this morning I was reconciled and figured everything would go fine. We were almost to the airport when Riley got sick, over and over again in her car seat. It was awful. Luckily we got her changed and cleaned up and she cheered up immediately. I was a little worried she would be sick on the plane but it didn't happen (only a few false alarms). Instead she spilled chocolate milk all over her lap before the plane even moved! Here comes outfit #3!
We happily paid to rent the little TV/Video players on the plane for her and it was worth every penny. Riley was engrossed in cartoons and Horton Hears a Who practically the whole trip! The rest she spent with Uncle Steven and Aunt Meredith who entertained her to her hearts content. Emma slept on the plane again. I am soo grateful! She slept at least 2 hours or more so that was awesome and again Meredith saved the day and played with her and walked with her up and down the aisle giving her a chance to crawl, climb, stretch, etc. So all in all, the plane ride was good. After that it was pretty late and both girls just had major melt downs as we tried to grab a bite to eat before bed. Oh well. You can't have perfect behavior 100% of a VERY long day traveling. The tantrums are over, the laundry is started, my family is asleep and I'm still adjusting to changing time zones. We had a great trip except for a little throw up here and there (Emma was puking Monday night too). I can't wait to post about all the fun stuff later, but for now you have the bookends I suppose.
Of course, 2 cute random pictures from the trip.
As Riley says:"Goodbye Ocean!"
later on the plane before we landed: "Hello land, here I come!"
Isn't Emma just darling in this picture? Thanks again Steven and Meredith for all your help with the girls. We loved having you around!

4 comments:

skiscott said...

I'm glad you're on this side of the ocean, again. We've missed you sooo much, can we come to dinner this afternoon to see everyone??? ;+)) Joking; but that would hardly be soon enough! Can't wait to see you next!

erita said...

those pics are great--can't wait to see more! so glad you had a fun time and made it home safely. missed you!

Becca said...

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

susanchenjackson said...

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest picture of Emma!