yeah. I've been secretly wishing for a little more time to read books and catch up blogging(writing mine and reading others'). Well wish granted...in the form of a back injury that forces me to rest an entire day, maybe more, and not lift anything heavier than a book for at least 5 days. Does anyone know how fidgety and busy I can get? (we know where Riley gets her wiggles from) I sure hope I wake up tomorrow and feel better, but I still shouldn't push it. Hopefully I'll be able to walk, sit, stand up & down without major pain. It should all be over in a week, but now I'm forced to rest and dwell on it or try not to. Sometimes I wish I could be strong and quiet and not complain to the whole world (my whole blog-o-sphere and anyone who makes the mistake of calling and talking to me, or happens to be an unlucky friend/family that I called) and just not burden everyone I know with my minor problems, but its just not my style. I'm working on it, but I do totally realize that life does not revolve around ME! Luckily Michael was home when it happened and was able to rescue me from the bathroom floor while I was in pain and take me to the doctor. It was all brought on by lifting Riley up onto the toilet while we were hurrying through the get dressed and ready for the day routine. Lifting the girls around are normal activities of our daily life, but I guess I should've been lifting with my knees not my back. She's only 34-35lbs. no big deal, but something definitely went 'pop!' followed by labor-like intense PAIN and it didn't go away. The Dr. thinks that no permanent damage was done but that now I'm in an "acute phase" of major lower back muscle spasms. So I'll lie down, rely on Michael and my amazing sisters to help me with the day to day lifting moving essentials parts of motherhood. So glad he was able to miss school to take such wonderful care of me. Anyways, whining over. More books and blogs to read...at least I have both of my legs and can still move them, and I could go on and on counting my many blessings, but for now, I can be glad about that.
Riley is so darling. After Michael picked them up from the friend that was watching them for us, she was a little concerned about me and kept asking "does your back still hurt, mommy?" followed by giving me lots of stuff.
"here's a pillow to help your back feel better, mommy." before I know it, I'm surrounded by every throw pillow we own (which is a lot).

10 comments:
I'm so proud of Riley. What a big girl to help her mommy and try to make her comfortable. I hope she has some staying power. Glad to hear you're out of so much pain; hope that a night's rest brings a miraculous recovery. I'll be there if you need me. dad
so sorry to hear about your back--I hope you are feeling better. Riley is such a caring little girl, singing to Emma to stop her tears and now taking care of you!! We will be there to help soon--try and rest and enjoy coloring with your "nurse"!
Riley is so sweet. I hope you are feeling better soon. But get some good blogging and reading in first!
You can watch Pollyanna with her too. I always love that movie when I don't feel good. It reminds me to be positive and happy. Plus, it's funny and reminds me of being a kid.
that's great that riley was so sweet when she got home, not that she wasn't sweet here, but she kept saying, "mommy feels better now. i get to go home." =) i was worried she wouldn't let you rest.
sorry, again, about your back. i definitely know how it feels. i had a major back spasm after my back surgery, and that was THE most intense pain i've ever felt. and for the few years following, i had a handful of weeks that i had to stay home from class and work because it hurt to even lift a partially full jug of milk.
don't worry about complaining either. sometimes that's the only way others know you're still hurting and still need to rest. otherwise, they'd think, 'everything's happy go lucky in jessica world, let's start asking her to do stuff.' =)
hope you keep getting better!
Sorry to hear about your back! Now that I am down from the mountains and you're stuck :) we can catch up! Seriously, take care of your back now. Don't try to be tough and do more than you should because it will come back to haunt you...
Wow! That is amazing because I just went through the same thing! i haven't been able to post it in my blog yet though! My back went out exactly 2 weeks ago and I've never felt so much pain (well, not pain like that anyway). I've just now returned to lifting our 8 month old baby. I simply bent over the play pen and felt something strange in my back. Then I went to our garden to pull weeds. By the evening, I couldn't walk. James escorted me to my bed and I had a week of crawling and laying on the floor during recovery. Maybe it's the age of our babies? I was told to exercise and strengthen my core...so I'm motivated now. Oh, by the way, that day I told James that I just want one day to myself...I got time to myself, but not without pain! Good luck and get well! Katrina
so sorry! hope you're feeling better now!
I am glad you are feeling a bit better! I hope you are getting all the rest you need! Call me if you need help with Emma nd Riley, ok?
Oh Jess, I am so sorry about your back. That stinks! I hope it has healed okay!
Post a Comment