Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hooray!

Emma is 7 months old today!





















So I kind of dropped the ball for Emma's 6 month celebratory blog entry. I was gonna do an awesome slide show to music, but I was going nuts trying to include EVERY favorite picture of her so I pretty much gave up.
So Emma is our second child, obviously, and every one says that the 2nd child never has photos of just them, but instead always with their siblings so I've made a concerted effort to get photos with only Emma in them. Well lately all of her solo shots are just lame, but in pictures with Riley next to her (who is not looking in the camera or making a semi-attractive face--of course), Emma is being absolutely adorable! So sorry Riley, we love you but I cropped out of these photos of Emma so she can have a few pictures of just her (without a silly-faced sister next to her). Every once in a while they will both look at the camera and I'll be lucky enough to capture those moments, but they are rare.
These photos are a few days old because Emma's been sick with conjunctivitis* for the past few days. The most recent photos I took document all her secretions when she woke up one morning (for medicinal purposes to prove to the doctor how sick my child really was despite her extremely good nature). Emma barely had a fever, she was sleeping longer and eating less, which are all symptoms I can 'wait & see' on but I knew that gunk constantly in her eyes was no good. So the doctor did agree that she was sick (despite her good nature) and gave us some drops "that won't be fun at all." She was right! Emma is smart and can see those drops coming a mile away, no matter how sneaky we think that we are, and clamps her eyes shut and starts to wiggle and fuss. But we wrestle with her to get them in and I'm glad we do because her eyes are better already!
So happy 7 months Emma! (so sorry your only gift/reward is your very first toothbrush & icky eye drops!) We love you soo much. You bring so much joy into our lives! It is so fun to see your social personality grow and see you learn how to eat and crawl and explore everything. You are growing up too fast but we are loving every minute of it!


*conjunctivitis is the medical term to keep you from freaking out that your child has a condition commonly called pink eye (which in this case would be a misnomer because her eyes didn't really get pink at all, just kind of oozed), but oh well, her eyes were infected, we get it.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

happy seven months emma! those are some very cute pictures of her. that's yucky about the conjunctivitis. hope she gets all better soon!

cat said...

poor baby, she is such a beauty!

Karen said...

What a cutie--pink eye and all !!
Hard to believe she's seven months old. She has grown so fast.

KaSh said...

I can't believe she is 7 months already! It seemed we just had her shower not too long ago. She is a cutie!

Jamie said...

Happy 7 months to Emma. What a big girl! I love that you cropped pictures-that's a smart lady right there! Emma is so adorable.