Sunday, April 6, 2008

wonderful weekend

We just had a wonderful weekend. We really enjoyed watching General Conference as a family. Riley got the idea that the Prophet was speaking to us and that was pretty neat, but every time a new speaker got up she said "it's the Prophet!" Well, it's a start.
Riley and I even planted flowers on Saturday.
This is the first time I've done it without my mom--hope I made her proud! I didn't buy enough potting soil and just a few too many flowers. So we had to keep going back to store to get more dirt and ended up putting the extra flowers by the trees and the soon-to-be tulips. We even added the easter eggs Riley painted--I didn't know what else to do with them.
Emma can sit up by herself! She topples over every now and again so we usually sit behind her or put a few pillows around her to cushion her fall, but she can stay sitting for minutes at a time without help. My baby's growing up!
She has even graduated beyond only baby cereals. She ate sweet potato this week and she liked it! I even made it. I never thought I'd be one to make my own baby food but I couldn't believe how simple it was: cook, puree, serve.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Emma sitting already!! Wait, keep her little awhile longer--we can't miss even a week, something new happens.
Loved conference too. Spring flowers look great.

Gosfam said...

I am not a gardener, but your flowers look pretty. I could handle potted plants :) Oh and enjoy the homemade baby food I didn't discover how easy it was until after my girls, but whenever baby #3 comes around I definitely will. Such cute girls.

Jamie said...

Wow, Emma is getting big and so cute! I have made a lot of baby food this time around. It really is so easy and a TON cheaper! I am totally converted!

Erka said...

The flowers look great! I have killed all the flowers I have ever planted, but I still want to do it again! I might come and ask for advice. Emma is so cute! I saw her at play group again today and she was sitting up all by herself! :)
Isn't baby food so easy to make? It saves a lot of money too!