Tuesday, April 29, 2008

another wonderful weekend

so I haven't posted in forever--I guess I had blogger's block--and now feel required to do a little catch up.

My dad had a birthday and so my parents came to town to celebrate with their girls. We all had such a wonderful time enjoying the weather, being together and celebrating my dad--although honestly I'm not sure I let him know how great he is. So allow me to elaborate. Gotta love my dad! So selfless and such a wonderful companion to my mom. He never complains and some might consider he has a lot to complain about being in a houseful of girls and never having a son, etc. He might reflect on having to do more dishes than he expected to, but that's it. Some things my dad loves (and we do too) are skiing and skiing--water and snow, of course. He also loves his girls, his sons-in-laws and his granddaughters.
Thanks Dad, for all the wonderful fun and memories you've given me and my family.

So back to what we did that weekend to celebrate. The weather was fabulous (miraculously-even though later that week it snowed--weird!) so we spent Saturday at the zoo with a great picnic and saw the animals (along with everyone in our city because the traffic, the parking and the crowds were pretty crazy) and had a great time, especially Riley.
Grandpa is always so considerate to plan Riley-friendly activities, but after Emma was busy playing tour-guide and holding the map at the zoo, she was all tuckered out.
We had great meals together and I discovered another fabulous, decadent chocolate cake recipe for the birthday cake. So much fun! Thanks for making the trip! We still have the birthday banner up in our family room.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I was wondering who that banner was for. thank goodness for blogs. =) that's a cute picture of riley (of course) and the gorilla at the zoo.

sorry to create extra work for you last night. i hope it wasn't too hard to find someone to take the girls with erka also out of commission.

skiscott said...

Awwww, now you've gone and put a lump in your daddy's throat. Love you!