Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall Fun

September and October have been loads of fun. Mike was off of school most of September so we had some time to travel. We went to home to visit our families.
Riley worked on this
She almost has it mastered without training wheels but will only do it on the grass.My parents finished their beautiful home, which won most of the prizes in the builder's tour of homes.

with this fun play house out back. (my girls are in heaven!)


There was plenty dancing





















and dressing up (these are aunt Morgan's old dance costumes)






















My friend Gretchen joined us for a weekend and we went to the fair. Gotta love the corn on the cob!

the girls loved the rides! I can't believe Emma was old enough for a few of them!

I didn't get any pictures of the mutton-bustin' that we watched but it was the highlight of the day. Too bad Riley didn't want to do it. How cool would that have been?!


Then Riley had her first day of preschool. This year she goes 5 days/week.
She even gets to ride a little bus to school. So cute & convenient!!

Then we did one of my favorite fall outings: the pumpkin patch! prime picture taking opportunities (I'm saving the better ones for my Christmas card).

Our lovely pumpkins!

We went to Remlinger farms for the first time and it was awesome. We could've spent all day there. Riley's favorite was the hay-jump.

Emma LOVED the pony rides!!
Finally our prize-winning carved pumpkin.
Had a hard time finding a great pattern this year. Still looking for one to carve pumpkin #2.
Hope you are enjoying autumn as much as we are!

7 comments:

Morgan said...

haha it's funny to see those costumes out again! You're girls are adorable as usual.

Pieces of me... said...

Wow... that is the coolest play house ever! And not to mention the awards for the real house... that is so neat! Where are they at, still Tri-Cities? Love the pumpkin by the way, it would have won my vote! :)

skiscott said...

Well, you have had quite a fall and you haven't even posted Emma's birthday. That will be fun to see!

skiscott said...

I just found a monster pumkin carving web site. check out http://www.pumpkingutter.com/gallery2/main.php

Jamie said...

Wow, I'm behind. I guess I've been stuck in my own little world these days.
That playhouse is darling! I am super impressed that Riley can do two wheels and I love all the pictures. Your girls are getting so big, and they are as beautiful as ever! Hope you're doing well!

Bri said...

How cool, for everything! So is your parents house one they built for someone else or one for them. I love the playhouse. Ginny loves the video of them in the car.

Karen said...

the time goes by so fast when you come to visit--
the girls are sooooo much fun--
we miss you the minute you leave!!
thanks for sharing !!