Riley likes to help me check the tomatoes and she always gets excited when they change colors.here's the story: a few weeks ago we were preparing to go out of town and I had just picked a few tomatoes and was trying to think who I could give them to, so I set them on the kitchen table and went to finish packing. Riley runs upstairs and tattles to me that Emma is being very naughty. When I get down stairs, I find my tomatoes back on the table, but they are all smashed. Then I see my wall & carpet covered in tomato juice and seeds. I couldn't believe it!! They must have looked like the coolest ball Emma couldn't resist giving them a throw...so much for gifting fresh tomatoes...I was so thrown off I forgot half of the things I was packing and left town without toiletries and church clothes (we were going to a wedding--nice).
Moral: keep your pretty fresh tomatoes out of reach of toddlers, especially ones that have a knack for throwing.
2 comments:
Your tomatoes did turn out great!
Oh no, how did you manage without toiletries and no Sunday clothes? I would have cried!
I almost did cry. Luckily, I had one skirt in my bag, but we had to buy Michael new clothes and quick so we weren't late to the wedding. I bought cheap new makeup essentials at the drug store and my face was a constellation of zits for the next 2 weeks. lovely.
Post a Comment