Kauai was wonderful!!! It was gorgeous,

so green,

full of darling girls (at least according to our documentation),

lots of rivers,

and sunsets on the beach!

the view from our room

they had a great kiddie pool that was just the right size.


especially Emma--she really embraced the water and LOVED the pool--enjoying doing it all by herself

The water slide at the kids pool kept Riley entertained for hours. She's giving a thumbs up sign here. She easily made friends with other kids. Riley never asked their name, apparently the only introduction needed at that age is, "Hi, I'm 4. How old are you?"

The sandy beaches were fun,

and chasing the waves with Grandpa was on Riley's Hawaiian to-do list.
This was my first time boogie boarding because we usually don't get the right waves. But we did this time!!

BBQ with an ocean view.

the whole gang! Thanks Ron and Karen for a fabulous trip and a chance for us to all be together!


One of our new adventures was ziplining! what a way to see the island. on the right is us before, and this video I took during our ride on the longest zip line on the island. It was a tandem one too!
We loved it! It's not even scary at all, just totally fun!
Karen was kind enough to watch the girls, so the rest of us could go ziplining. This is what they were up to!

This is Riley's first Hula Hoop experience and she has been obsessed with them ever since.

Riley being the photographer, took this picture of Grandma and Emma. Pretty good job, I think.

The other adventure we enjoyed this trip was a catamaran cruise around part of Kauai.

We were able to see parts of the island that no road can reach. There are some crazy beautiful mountains, caves, & waterfalls on Kauai.
I'm so glad we got to experience this beautiful place and kick back and enjoy time with Michael's family.
6 comments:
Kauai?! So lovely, so jealous, and how fun! You're kids are adorable... simply and beautifully adorable. Next time take me with you! :) j/k.
all i can say was WOW!!! what an amazing vacation..and ziplining?!!! so funny that Riley introduces herself by way of saying her age. kids are so funny they make us laugh. haha. so cute. I wonder if i should do the same.."hello, i'm 35, how old are you?" haha.
I wish we were going again....like in august!!
We really did have a great trip--
thanks to all of you !!
You are so lucky!!!
Wow what an awesome time! Zip lining, swimming, super cool. I love the emma pictures!
Wow, what an amazing trip. I am so jealous. The zip lining looked so fun, the beach, the cruise-pretty much I am just jealous!
Post a Comment