Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas prep

TREE:CHECK
our Christmas tree has been up for weeks (more like a month) and I finally took a picture. It is not that big of a tree and has always looked a little akward or dwarfed in our apartment but we really don't have room for a bigger one. So this year I propped it up and I think it works.
GINGERBREAD HOUSE: CHECK
Riley was not happy to pose for another picture, but she did want to make sure her little gingerbread house made the photo too.

SNOW: CHECK
Can you see all the snow outside? The snow I mentioned in a previous post, was just a skiff compared to want dumped down on Thursday morning and almost daily since then. Wow, maybe we'll finally have a white Christmas.

SANTA: CHECK
We saw Santa at 3 separate parties and the girls sat on his lap every time, but sadly this is my best picture. (We've never gone for the pictures with Santa at the mall, with the long lines and picturesque background and high prices.)

PARTY: CHECKCHRISTMAS SWEATERS: CHECK
usually tacky, I know, but aren't they adorable on the girls? matching, yes, but for $7 each, I couldn't pass them up.

HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS: CHECK
With a week until Christmas, we headed to our parents to spend the holiday (it took forever with all the compact snow and ice on the roads, but slowly but surely we arrived safely). The evening of our arrival, Grandma gets out a special tree just for the girls to decorate and play with (clever ploy, I must say, to keep their attention off the big tree).

KIDS' TREE: CHECK
We've had a blast goofing around and doing all sorts of things to prepare for Christmas.

SUGAR COOKIES: CHECK
Making the family recipe and frosting them with my dad is always a must at this time of year. Riley even got her own little rolling pin from the grandparents.
The crew and final product.

SNOW ANGELS: CHECK
well it just kept snowing, but sun finally came out so the girls, grandma and I took the opportunity to play in the snow.

SNOWMAN: check?
does a snow heap count? The snow just refused to pack and we refused to give up so we comprised I suppose.

SHOPPING: DONE
I starting shopping really early this year in prep for early Christmas, I got almost all my presents before Thanksgiving. I just kept getting the toys, books, etc when they were on sale and hiding them away. I had a hard time stopping when I was finished. It felt weird not to participate in the 'holiday rush.'

WRAPPING: COMPLETED
I really like wrapping presents!!

WE ARE READY AND EXCITED FOR CHRISTMAS!!!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Ohh we missed you guys! Riley looks so sweet and cute and Emma is adorable on that little red wagon. I hope you get back to seattle safely!

Bri said...

How fun! I like the checks. Great pictures!

Jamie said...

Cute post, and I totally love your snowman! Way to persist!