Thursday, October 25, 2007

She's here!!!!



Emma has finally arrived! She came on Sunday at 2:05pm. Weighing in at a whole 9 pounds! (my doctors had estimated she would only be 7-8lbs) and she was 20 inches long. She is perfect. Here's the photos you've been awaiting! Scroll down for details--don't worry nothing gross.


4 minutes old


10 minutes old


17 hours old




Everything went according to plan once my water broke at 4am on Sunday morning.

But Saturday was a whole different story. I woke up with a cold, exhausted and super emotional. My sisters saved the day and cheered me up. We had lunch, shopped, and tried to walk this baby out. Then I went home and did more shopping and walking. Finally contractions started to pick up and luckily my mom was already planning to come in town that evening. By the time my contractions were 5-7 minutes apart, she was here.
So off we went to the hospital... more complicated than we thought...it was during the UW football game so our usual routes were blocked but I was comfortable so it was OK. After Michael struggled through the post game traffic to park the car after getting me to the hospital, the doctor said I wasn't progressing so they made us walk for an hour but still no change so they sent us home. How disappointing! But only about 6 hours later my water broke -- this time we headed to the hospital knowing they couldn't send us home.


Labor went smoothly -- lots of walking to help things along and Michael was wonderful husband and supporter! The epidural kept me comfortable for the last few hours of labor and then we got ready to push. Don't I look happy?! Finally about to meet her!!

A few contractions and pushes later, Emma was born! It was wonderful to finally meet her. She was healthy from the start and has been an angel ever since.
I am so lucky!

Two beautiful daughters

one fabulous husband and daddy

equals one happy momma!

6 comments:

Karen said...

What a beautiful daughter-- We can't wait to hold her. Looking at the photos helps to pass the time until I can. What a wonderful family!

Dani said...

What a cute family. Wow big baby! How big was Riley? Abby was 8 lbs 8 oz and I thought I was going to die afterwards. How are you feeling? Hope all is well. Take care of that cute new baby. Miss you!!!!

cat said...

oh my cuteness! she is gorgeous. congrats and i can't wait to see more pictures.

Jamie said...

Congratulations you guys! Emma is just darling. I am just glad you made it! Keep the cute pictures coming.

Mama Wisch said...

Jessica, little Emma is so beautiful! I am glad that Riley is a good big sister, it's makes a world of difference!

Julia said...

You guys have such a beautiful family. I loved the story about cutting Emma out of her Halloween costume--priceless.