Thursday, October 18, 2007

Today is D day!

So today is Thursday, October 18 and it is Jessica's due date. But so far nothing is happening! How frustrating! But I feel good and energetic for 40 weeks pregnant, despite not sleeping well. I was planning on being busy with a newborn or at least in the hospital today so that gives me plenty of time to start our family's blog. I've been wanting to start one for a long time being inspired by wonderful, fun blogs written by friends and family. Now that I'm done working I have little more time to figure out how my new computer works, edit/organize photos, email and now blog!

Do you want to know what else is frustrating? Trying all day to make that slide show work! It was so easy to organize in my iPhoto on my computer but to make one online--not so easy. Maybe the idea in my head was too elaborate. But I tried a couple of websites and one you couldn't add your own music, only ones they provided and this song feels so fitting to my current state I couldn't change it. So this website I could upload my own music but only horizontal/landscape shots would work. All of my portrait/vertical photos I added were cropped all wrong by the website so I took them out. If anyone knows how to fix it, let me know. Anyways, you get the idea and hopefully you enjoy it.

So here I venture into the world of blogging--not the perfect, original layout I dreamed or even one post almost perfect, but at least I've got a start. Keep checking and I'll try not to be so negative. My attitude in general even about being pregnant has been pretty good until now---I wonder why.....

We'll try to keep you all posted when Emma finally arrives!

P.S. 11/10/07 I figured it out! Here is what I wanted it to be like:


So she did finally come out 3 days late and we're elated!
I finally learned how to do the slide show how I wanted to with some help from a friend. So for those of you interested. It works better to create a montage instead of slide show--it gives you more control of size, shape, motion, etc. of your photos.

5 comments:

cat said...

jessica - your blog looks awesome! i can't believe how cute you look pregnant. and how patient you are being... good to catch up, and the slide show looks perfect. take care and here's to hoping that you will have that baby soon.

Natalie said...

Hey Jessica and Mike! We are so glad you have a blog - now we can be "blogging buddies!" Our blog is www.fordandco.blogspot.com so check it out! Hopefully little Emma comes soon! Let us know when she comes and good luck!

Natalie Ford

skiscott said...

hey jessica, the blog is really great! such cute pictures and a great set up. i can't wait for the next entry with emma louise. love ya, dad

whitney said...

hi jessica! i have already seen pictures of little emma, and she is adorable. you have such beautiful girls. I hope you are feeling well and adjusting to life with two kiddies! k, now i am counting on you to update this thing between naps, feeding, and cleaning..... get to it! :) hope to see you and the little one soon. love-whitney

Erka said...

I absolutely agree with Whitney! Not that I couldn't just walk a few steps to your place and see Emma and Riley any time, but it's just fun to look at your friends blogs, you know?