Today was Riley's first day of preschool and we were so excited. We definitely don't have attachment issues so there were no tears or concern of any kind as Michael and I left. I'm so excited for all the experiences she'll have and friends she'll make and ways she can play there that she can't at home. Her teacher is wonderful and really lets the kids have fun (which is her primary goal) and teaches social problem solving skills and all sorts of stuff. I got to go to the store today with just Emma -- what a breeze! I'm excited for the independence that preschool with allow Riley and me and also the one on one play time I can have with Emma. Here is a short video to document the excitement:I love how she thinks there is a prize. We've been working with Riley to learn her letters and she was smart enough, but never interested in working on them so we tempted her with a prize (a letter/word learning video). Now with new learning experiences she's really excited to tackle them and she keeps thinking there will be a prize. (Just what a mom wants: a child that needs to be bribed to do anything, even learn..) Luckily, she only brings it up in the planning stage and doesn't seem disappointed that no additional prizes materialize. Can I just brag a little bit? (what's new, right?) Riley did learn all her letters and their sounds in less than 2 weeks. She even has a dance for the W (think rap):
My girl is growing up and it is so much fun to watch and enjoy all these fun stages and experiences. What a big girl! I'm so proud!!!
5 comments:
I can't beleive she is going to preschool! Soo fun. The "rap" was really cute too. Thanks for sending the pictures, sorry if you felt rushed.
Riley looks so grown up - just adorable! Congrats on such a cute kid (oh, wait, you have 2 fabulous kids). Hey, an aunt can brag, right?
Riley is so adorable and smart too! Glad that you have a little freedom, I don't think I will have those attachment issues either!
Cute! I LOVED the rap video. Rilye is such a ham! I know what you mean about the free time too. I don't think I have ever had one on one with Tommy before until now.
Love the rap video! I think learning should always be fun like this! I am glad Riley is enjoying preschool!
Post a Comment