Monday, June 16, 2008

not so fast

The day after her birthday, I overheard the following conversation:
Mike: so how does it feel to be 3 years old?
Riley: good
Mike: so are you ready to be a big girl now that you are 3?
Riley: no, not quite yet.

It cracked me up. All we hear about is getting bigger and being a big girl using the potty, eating big girl food, riding big girl bike, and what Emma will be able to do like Riley when she is a big girl. What a character.

6 comments:

Erka said...

Sometimes I think that being a first born is rather hard! whether you like it or not, the moment that second baby is born, you have all this pressure to grow up and be an example!
Rilely cracks me up with her clever phrases though! :)

NaDell said...

So cute. I loved seeing you guys all in your little row at church on Sunday. I like your blog too.
NaDell

NaDell said...

Oh, wait, where's Monica's blog? Tell her she needs one.

Jorgs said...

I can't believe she is three either! Time flies!

Drew and Valarie's Family Blog said...

Jessica?! I got your blog from a long list of people's blogs that I search through :) How are you doing?! I love your pictures... and congrats on the family. Very cute! Where are you living? What are you doing? I would love to hear your updates! Hope you are doing well!
~Valarie (Koegler) Anderson

Jamie said...

So cute! I love the wit that these little ones have. Happy Birthday Riley!