Thursday, January 17, 2008

blog worthy

I have witnessed many blog worthy moments but captured only a few with my camera. I got caught in a post-holiday blogging lull, being busy with chores brought on by the new year (back to work, Mike back to school, new budget and sticking to it, filling out the FAFSA...), but Emma doesn't want to go to sleep so I'm snuggling with her and taking a break(from what? I'm not sure, maybe a break from sleeping?) to document the funny and silly moments that fill my life.
They say that kids say the darndest things--it's true. Here are some of of the latest by Riley:

"you old, mommy? you old?"

"you got the bug, mommy? does daddy want to eat it?"

"I want to rock. you rock, daddy?"
(she loves to play Guitar Hero with us)


I tell her her it's time to take a bath, go to bed, etc. Her response of when she wants to do those things: "after later"


tonight she asked to wear her socks on under her footie pj's (which she used to call "jammas with the shoes in them")



But kids aren't the only ones. I've been know so say weird things as a parent.
Like "show me the blood" when Riley is asking for the millionth unnecessary band-aid. Or we do crazy things too, like drop all of our x-mas cards in a box near the mailbox that looks like an outgoing mailbox, but isn't really because no one received your x-mas card until about a month after you sent them. It sure makes you feel silly for hurrying to get them out a full week before x-mas if all you do is drop them in the rent drop box (which I still protest is posing as an outgoing mailbox).

Now I apologize if these aren't as funny to you as they are to me. Remember, I'm the adoring mom and everything is funnier when you're really tired.

Here's what Emma has to say (more cute than funny, but to be this happy when she should be asleep...)


Now this makes me laugh:
(I tried to just email this to my family, but it was too large of a file so this was the only way to share it--I might remove it in a few days after all the family has had a chance to see it. Thanks to grandma for the gift of big girl underwear!)



Blog worthy? you tell me...

Still not laughing? Try this link to Bill Gates' retirement video.

8 comments:

Erka said...

Riley is funny! Yesterday Laura brought her over when visiting teaching me. At some point Riley comes to me and says:
Riley: Bug, in the chiken (Riley for kitchen?), bug in the chicken!
Erka: Riley, stay away so it doesn't eat you!
Juli, who has some more experience with toddlers: It's okay Riley, bug is our friend, you can just look at it!
Erka: No kidding my own child is afraid of animals and other living things!

erita said...

*laughing sooo hard* thanks for sharing, jessie! but on behalf of future 13 year old riley, you 'd better take that down soon!

I just hear hear her later--"my mom posted a video on the WORLD WIDE WEB with my wearing underpants OUTSIDE my pants!!!!" gosh, the trauma.

that video of emma cooing is so sweet!

Roni said...

Mary has been known to wear many panties at a time also. She used to insist on wearing at least two every day and sometimes we found her with 7-10 on. It was useful when she had accidents. Although, hers weren't usually on the outside.

skiscott said...

call the paramedics! i laughed sooo hard i ran low on oxygen! mom had to watch it 3 times. what a cutie.

emma is the sweetest little thing.

dad

Karen said...

I can't believe how much Emma has grown in just a week-- I love to hear her "talking"!!!
And everything you write and share is "blog worthy!"--so don't stop--
you make my day!

jules said...

You are hilarious! I love all of Riley's words. I'm impressed you remembered them enough to write them down! I always forget the cute things my kids say. And your letter story is hilarious!

Jamie said...

So cute! I love the underwear video of Riley-that is hilarious. She is so cute and so big! Emma is just a doll. Isn't that such a fun age? They are always so happy an easy to please!

whitney said...

I LOVE RILEY'S little sayings. how do they come up with this stuff? and why is guitar hero so addicting? i had to hide the guitar from craig at one point!