Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Easter is awesome!

This year Easter weekend and my dad's birthday collided and turned into TONS of fun. The weather sabotaged our tulip festival plans for Friday, but we still managed to have a fabulous time all weekend!
Isn't that a happy grandpa and grandkids?!?
We did 2 Easter egg hunts. One was right out our front door and both girls got into it.
Then we drove over to Monica's and participated in the one she helped plan. The girls weren't afraid of the Easter bunny which is surprising.
but by the time it came to the hunt Emma looked like this before,
and after much encouragement she picked up 2 eggs, then set her basket down and kicked it over. I guess she was just done. Did it feel too much like cleaning up? Not as much fun, I guess.
Riley had a blast and made out well.
The rest of the day we hung out, helped decorate grandpa's bday cakemade and frosted sugar cookies and had a fabulous meal and lots of together time.
Then of course, the Easter bunny came Sunday morning
Then everyone joined up at our house for yummy brunch, & dinner and we hung out and watched General Conference. What a great way to enjoy Easter Sunday, by listening to messages from our prophet and other church leaders.


















We even went for a fun, but chilly walk along the water and a few small islands. I love that walk but it was VERY muddy. Still fun.
Finally sent my parents home, but had such a wonderful time enjoying Easter and just family togetherness.

3 comments:

Erka said...

You guys did have the best Easter! Isn't family the greatest! Your dad's cake looked fabulous, I thought it was decorated by a professional!

Shelli said...

Jessica,
Your girls are beautiful! I can't believe how big they are getting. Good luck with the new baby coming soon. I hope all goes well!

Pieces of me... said...

First off, can I just say, I LOVE your couch!! It was so good see pictures of your family. It made me miss you guys. What a FUN easter weekend! Oh and that cake was a beautiful cake, the kind you'd get at the store!